Rest easy guide
Your guide to minimising driver fatigue and enjoying the rest areas of the Central North Island
- Download: Rest Easy Booklet LR
Regional Public Transport Plan (2011-21)
The purpose of the Plan is to specify how Horizons Regional Council will give effect to the public transport components of the Horizons Regional Land Transport Strategy 2010 (RLTS)
- Download: Final RPTP 2011 2021
Regional Land Transport Strategy
- Download: Final RLTS 2010 web version
Capital Connection business case
The Capital Connection (CC) is an ‘inter urban’ regional rail service that provides an essential and affordable commuter transport link between Palmerston North and Wellington. Greater Wellington developed this business case in partnership with Horizons Regional Council to seek Central Government support for a shared funding model.
- Download: Capital Connection business plan
Regional Land Transport Programme 2012-15
- Download: Final RLTP 20120614
Get that gear out of your ear - a road safety message
- Download: Headphone Road Safety38x8col
Remember to share the road - a road safety message
- Download: Recipe for Disaster38x8col
Look about before stepping out - a road safety message
- Download: Look About Before Stepping Out38x8col
Transport Issues in the Horizons Region
This discussion document on key transport issues for the Region is the first stage in development of our Regional Land Transport Plan. Submissions close 2 May 2014.
- Download: 200723Issues Paper RLTP
Take a second look at intersections and help reduce our Region's crash rate.
- Download: IntersectionsBrochureweb